REGULAR COMMISSION IN PAKISTAN ARMY THROUGH 29TH TECHNICAL CADET COURSE (ENTRY SEPTEMBER 2017)
- Eligibility Conditions
|a.||Age||– 17 – 21 years on 1st September 2017 (relaxable for|
|three months both in upper and lower age limit).|
- Nationality. Citizen of Pakistan. Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
- Physical Standards
- Minimum Height– 5’- 4” (162.5 cm).
(2) Weight – As per Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Education. FSc (Pre Engineering) – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Sciences with minimum 65% marks or ‘O’ level passed (English being compulsory) in five subjects and ‘A’ level passed in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Sciences in Grade A-C.
- Candidates possessing qualifications such as ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level etc will be required to obtain Equivalence Certificate and conversion of marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Ministry of Education, Islamabad and attach it with application form along with ‘A’ level passed in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Studies / Computer Sciences essentially in Grade A-C.
- Candidates who have passed FSc Part-I Examination with minimum 65% marks and appeared / are appearing in FSc Part-II / Final Examination can also apply on “HOPE Certificates” duly issued by Head of the institution. However, such candidates must submit their FSc Part-II roll no and name of Education Board along with photocopy of roll no slip to GHQ, PA Directorate (PA-3b), Rawalpindi. FSc final result cards / mark sheets must be submitted within one week of the announcement of FSc Board results, otherwise candidates will not be considered in final merit.
- Candidates who have passed FSc in Computer Sciences can apply for Computer Software Engineering only.
- Ineligibility Conditions
- Twice rejected by ISSB / GHQ / NHQ / AHQ Selection Board or once rejected by ISSB and once rejected by GHQ / NHQ / AHQ Selection Board.
- Withdrawn from any Academy / Training Institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
- Withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces college / institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Dismissed / removed / debarred from Govt Services including Armed Forces.
- Convicted in a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (Such candidates cannot request for appearance in AMB).
- Declared medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital except those cleared by Appeal Medical Board.
- Diploma Holders.
- Those studying in any of the Armed Forces Institutions / Academies or nominated against reserve defence quota seats / studying as Paying Cadets in any of the Armed Forces Technical Colleges.
- Registration and Preliminary Selection Procedure. Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs). Following procedure will be adopted:-
- Registration Through Internet.Candidates can register on website joinpakarmy.gov.pk. Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet, for which the individual should have an e-mail account.Candidates will report on exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip. Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along documents mentioned in Para6 and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
- Registration at AS&RCs. Candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration / allotment of roll no along with necessary documents mentioned in Para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration Candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.
- Schedule of Registration / Preliminary Tests. Registration and preliminary test will be held as per following schedule:-
- Registration27 Feb – 24 Mar 2017 (Including Saturday/Sunday)
- Preliminary Test 29 Mar – 20 Apr 2017 (Except Saturday / Sunday
- Preliminary Selection
- Intelligence / Academic Tests. Candidates declared successful in intelligence test, will undergo academic test, based on multiple choice questions (MCQs) from English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Computer Studies / Computer Sciences (Only for Computer Science students). Candidates declared successful in academic tests, will undergo physical tests at AS&RCs.
- Physical Tests. Candidates must qualify following physical tests: –
|(a)||1.6 Km Run||–||8||Minutes|
|(b)||Push Ups||–||15 Repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|(c)||Sit Ups||–||20 Repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|(d)||Chin Ups||–||3||Repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|(e)||Ditch Crossing||–||7’4” x 7’4” with a Depth of 4’|
- Preliminary Medical Test. Candidates will undergo initial medical test at AS&RCs.
- Further Selection. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for ISSB tests through website as well as call up letters. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. Final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidate’s overall performance. Allocation of disciplines will be made on merit cum choice basis. Decision of GHQ in allotment of disciplines will be final and no representation or request for change in allotted discipline will be entertained.
- Academic / Military Training Academic Disciplines
|(1)||Civil Engineering||Military College of Engineering,|
|(2)||Electrical Telecommunication||Military College of Signals,|
- Computer Software Engineering
|(4)||Electrical Engineering||College of Electrical & Mechanical|
|(5)||Mechanical Engineering||Engineering, Rawalpindi|
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
|(8) Aeronautical Engineering||College of Aeronautical|
|b.||Priority of Disciplines.||Priority||of choices of discipline written / given by|
|candidates in application forms will not be changed. Therefore, due deliberation|
|must be given prior to endorsing priority of choices of discipline.|
- Degree Programme.4 Years degree programme.
- Military Training. After obtaining Bachelor of Engineering Degree, cadets will undergo one year military training at PMA Kakul.
- Documents Required at AS&RCs. Following documents / certificates are required at the time of registration:-
- Original Certificate / Detailed Mark Sheet of Matric / FSc / Equivalent certificate. In case of ‘O’ Level / ’A’ Level, submission of Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC is mandatory.
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) for 18 years and above or Computerized Form “B” along with CNIC of Father or Guardian for candidates less than 18 years of age.
- One set of attested photocopies of both sides of above mentioned documents.
- 3 x Coloured photographs attested by Principal / Class-1 Gazetted Officer (1 x front & 2 x back).
- Original as well as 3 x photocopies of ISSB “NOT RECOMMENDED” letter are also required (for Repeater Candidates only).
- Bond. Cadets are required to sign surety bond in duplicate, to serve the Army for minimum13 years on a stamp paper worth Rs.100/- duly countersigned by Magistrate / Notary Public / Oath Commissioner.
For further details visit www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk
PA-3B, Tel: 051- 561-31378
Nearest Army Selection & Recruitment Centre Email your queries on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For ISSB call up notices visit